Matthias Koeppe schrieb am Donnerstag, 15. September 2022 um 21:22:25 UTC+2:

> On Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 2:09:23 AM UTC-7 Samuel Lelievre wrote:
>
>> c. Several people refuse to open a GitHub account
>

> I don't know anyone who does. I think they should speak up for themselves
> (unless they also refuse to participate in this list hosted on Google) so
> we can understand what their concern is.

Potentially, I'm that kind of person and I think it is very important that
Samuel posted these points!

About ten years before Google was on Earth someone put a poster on our
corridor of the University building: *Microsoft free area*. We all were
proud about that. But at that point nobody knew what should come later on.

In the 80ties Germany planned a nationwide census to happen once in a
decade. I joined the resistance against it. From today's point of view this
is absolutely ridiculous. Each day people sell much more sensitive data to
many powerful companies and it is much less clear how they deal with your
data.

It has become really hard to refuse all the things you would like to and
you are forced to make exceptions. Until Corona I refused to use a
smartphone. Now I use my employer's iPhone. But I use it less than 2
minutes a day (most of that 2FA and just WiFi).

The principal question is: What is worth making an exception? I think Sage
is worth it!