Hi,

On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 11:48:06AM +0200, Jan Groenewald wrote:
> 4. I'm thinking of dropping the i386 buildbot workers (debian and ubuntu).
> Ubuntu almost dropped
> 32bit support recently, but after some pushback from the Steam (gaming) and
> Wine 32bit (windows
> compatibility layer on Linux) they reversed the decision. It will reduce
> our 10 virtualised buildbot workers
> running on 1 host to 5 only. We very regularly install Linux on fairly old
> laptops for students from all over Africa.
> We've not seen a 32bit laptop in 2019. Maybe 1 or 2 in 2018 and fewer than
> 3 in 2017!
> I'd be interested in how many 32bit devices show up at
> https://wiki.sagemath.org/days102
> How many times were 32bit vs 64bit downloaded from the mirrors? Is this
> info available?
> Thoughts?

I am still releasing 32bit live USB for Sage, so it is good if this
architecture is still officially supported. It helps maintining some
pressure on the code quality, and avoid 64bit-specific hardcoded stuff.

Ciao,
Thierry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/20190703101143.bfsftfmyjcqq34k4%40metelu.net.