On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 12:03:11PM +0200, Jan Groenewald wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 11:54, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, Debian 10 will be coming with an up to date Sage installable via apt.
> > Do we need to duplicate this?

Note that an issue in relying on Sage shipped by Debian, is that many
useful optional Sage packages are not available.

> Debian 10 Buster has sage 7.4 from their initial freeze about 6 months
> ago.  It will not be updated again during Buster's lifecycle.

One nice possibility, but it relies on Debian Sage maintainers
workforce, would be to have Sage in buster-backports.

Ciao,
Thierry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/20190703101556.dlrdlriiugb6qeyh%40metelu.net.