From: Johnna Teare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>There's nothing stopping people from putting the files up there now
>- stick them on an ftp in another country, Russia for example, and
>you'd have a nightmare trying to bring a copyright suit against
>them. However, the whole thing is much better done in cooperation
>with the SAM world rather than against it.

One thing to remember is that there's been a recent case where a Brit put up
illegal material onto a website in some Eastern European country, but still got
taken to court here because that's where he did the uploading. But there's not
much you can do if you have an anonymous webmaster running it all. Not that I'm
advocating that of course...

>Sorry folks, but its open season now. Either come up with some
>attractive ways of remarketing games that most SAM owners
>already have, or expect the worst.

Like it or not, this is indeed the case - either have a hand in it now and have
some influence, or be frozen out forever.

>[god i love stirring it up!]

Well, these things have to be said.

Nick