On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Ian Collier wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 10:21:00AM +0100, Andrew Collier wrote:
> > As I understand it Colin MacDonald sold all the FRED copyrights;
>
> To whom?

IIRC Darren Wileman. Who did nothing until selling it to someone else. I
think it all may eventually have got as far as Persona, but I lose track.

> > the Brenchley doesn't appear to be subscribed at the moment; and David L
> > seems not to be involved with Persona any more.
>
> So who *is* involved with Persona?

Malcolm's family, as far as I can gather.

But, well - shortly after Malcolm's death noone knew whether Persona would
be continuing, and there were various (entirely reasonable and
understandable) requests not to overwhelm the family with enquiries about
Malcolm's old business.

And as far as I was aware, that hadn't changed. Which is why I hadn't
written nor phoned - not wanting to upset anyone I've been just waiting
until some sort of announcement was made. But so far there's been nothing.
And yet, the website implies that Persona is open for business, at the old
address. I just don't know whether to believe that or not, since the site
doesn't appear to have been updated that much for a long while.

For some time I've been wanting to buy Chris Pile's "Defender" game. But
I've been too nervous about Persona's current stalemate to dare send a
cheque - who knows if I'd ever see it again?

> > It's difficult to contact anyone who owns anything anymore
>
> That must make it rather difficult to buy anything - no wonder there isn't
> much of a market...

Yes, this is precisely what Si Owen was saying too.

Andrew

--
 --  Andrew Collier  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  --        My other
  --      http://mnemotech.ucam.org      --       .sig is a