>     I believe users who authenticate do interact with sv_membersh
   >     in a way analogous to the frontend PHP code invoked through Apache.
   >
   > I don't agree that the AGPL requires this message to be shown on every
   > cvs update. It's one possible interpretation, but not the only one.

   No, but it does require a prominent offer to be shown every user
   connecting through a network.  Have you any better ideas for how
   to implement it?

That is not what the GNU AGPL requires or say.  Karl already raised
this: You are not interacting with the sv_membersh.  I as a user am
not talking to the script in any shape or form, just like I am not
interacting to your editor of choise when you wrote your email.

   > When I run cvs on my machine *I* am not interacting with sv_membersh.
   > I'm just running CVS, which obviously knows nothing about sv_membersh.
   > It's the savannah implementation doing the interaction.

   Sorry.

   When I run a web browser on my machine *I* am not interacting with
   Savane PHP code.  I'm just running my web browser, which obviously
   knows nothing about Savane PHP code.  It's the savannah
   implementation doing the interaction.

The GNU AGPL is not concerned where you are running the program, in
the case of Savane PHP you are _DEFINITLY_ interacting with it.  It is
no more different than a Dungeon crawler written in PH.

Karl is right, this is just annoying and not required.