Hi all !

Le mardi 09 juin 2009 23:57:15, David Baelde a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Robert McAuley<rmcau...@rainwave.cc> wrote:
> > Maybe enough prodding by other users and we'll see this issue bump up
> > the priority list for the Liq devs.  I know it's the only thing
> > stopping me from deploying this on my production site. :)
>
> Nice prod indeed :)
>
> Bumping up a bit more...

Thanks to a very good suggestion from David, this should be fixed now !

Indeed, now queued sources (request.queue, request.equeue and playlist) take
the estimated remaining time into account for fetching new files.

This means that now these sources may fetch much less files in advance. By
default, the first file should be sufficient. It can happen that two files are
queued from time to time due to the estimated nature of the remaining time,
but this should be very minimal.

This also mean that now the secondary queue, the one that you can edit in
request.equeue, should contain all queued files, and the primary_queue only the
file currently being played.

Default values have also been changed to enable this new behaviour. You can
fallback to the old behaviour by setting back to old values (length=60.) and
setting the new conservative option to true.

Eventually, one must be carefull with the queue length. It is possible to set
it to a minimal value, like 0.1 in order to be sure that only one file is
loaded. However, when using an operator that buffers audio data in advance,
like the crossfade, the new file may be ready too late.

For instance, the crossfade sources buffer about 5 seconds of the end of each
files. Hence, if the length is less than this value, the new file will not be
ready quickly enough, leading to either the source being unavailable for a
short time, or at least the crossfade transition being disabled.

Romain