ljknews wrote:
What is wrong with this picture ?

I see both of you willing to mandate the teaching of C and yet not
mandate the teaching of any of Ada, Pascal, PL/I etc.

This seems like the teaching of "making do".

There's something better for teaching about stupid programming tricks than C? The way I read it, they were both advocating teching what screwing up in C looks like in assembly. This does not preclude teaching good programming in a safer language, and has the advantage that those who will be working in C can do better in that, too. I would hope a secure programming course would cover what TO do and what NOT TO do.

                                BB