I believe you may have misunderstood what I wrote. Oliver Heaviside had NO formal academic diplomata, but was fully professional with the necessary credentials as demonstrated by knowledge, understanding, and skills -- including making fundamental contributions to mathematics, engineering, physics, etc. I explicitly am not discussing either legitimate academic diplomata nor vendor-based credentials/certificates. You evidently have the sort of credentials that I was discussing. However, this is not meant to denigrate a legitimate earned academic diploma -- a diploma may (*MAY*) be sufficient, but is not necessary -- except for those entities that require such diplomata or certificates for a person to be allowed to work. Thus, in the USA, a medical doctor has to have a diploma to get a license to practice medicine; at my university, unfortunately, today a person such as Heaviside could not be allowed to join the Faculty, and definitely not the tenure-stream Faculty. My university looks at the bar-code, as it were, not the actual contents.