It's one of those movies that has the right ingredients(great cast and decent
story) but everything else goes horribly wrong.

I bet that someone else could make this movie with the same cast and story turn
out a faily entertaining flick but the director, production designer, etc.
butchered this. John Woo could have made this film in his sleep and the final
product would have been better.