From: "Kelwyn" <ravena...@yahoo.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, February 8, 2010 10:03:24 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Caprica/BSG -- Where the Brothers At?

I remember having this conversation with a black, female native New Yorker just
before the turn of the millennium. We got into a heated argument regarding
whether "Friends" or "Mad About You" was a more accurate depictions of NY City.
I championed MAY because the Buchmans, as portrayed by Paul Reiser and Helen
Hunt, actually seemed to be living in a city where minorities and (gasp!) poor
people existed - and they were suitably edgy about it. Further, there appeared
to be black people in the NYC of MAY and not just as single shot girlfriends
for David Schwimmer's Dr. Ross (and, what was up with that? Ross gets to hit
both Aisha Tyler and Gabrielle Union? I mean, seriously? No, I mean, fo real,
doh!)

~(no)rave!