From: "B Smith" <daikaij...@yahoo.com>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 12:55:20 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Hollywood Extinction: Old Dinosaurs die at Box Office

The reaction to the trailer for the Harrison Ford movie spoke volumes. It
played to dead silence. Edge of Darkness was marketed like Taken 2 but from
what I've heard it wasn't a pleasant viewing experience.

The old formula picture doesn't seem to work at the box office unless they
throw some new spin on it. From Paris With Love was probably a slam dunk once
upon a time but the buddy cop genre seems stale now. I think Kevin Smith's Cop
Out is going to suffer the same fate.

Edgar Wright's Hot Fuzz lampooned the genre but replicated the genre tropes so
well and with so much love it was a joy to watch.