On 12 January 2017 at 08:51, Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoqu...@normalesup.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 08:41:51AM +1100, Joel Nothman wrote:
> > When the two versions deprecation policy was instituted, releases were
> much
> > more frequent... Is that enough of an excuse?
>
> I'd rather say that we can here decide that we are giving a longer grace
> period.
>
> I think that slow deprecations are a good things (see titus's blog post
> here: http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/2017-pof-software-archivability.html )

Given that 0.18 was a very slow release, and the work for removing
deprecated material from 0.19 has already been done, I don't think we
should revert that. I agree that we can delay the deprecation deadline for
0.20 and 0.21.

In terms of release schedule, are we aiming for RC in early-mid March,
assuming Andy's above prognostications are correct and he is able to review
in a bigger way in a week or so?