How many current deprecations are expected in the next release?

Andrew

On Jan 12, 2017 00:53, "Gael Varoquaux" <gael.varoqu...@normalesup.org>
wrote:

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 08:41:51AM +1100, Joel Nothman wrote:
> When the two versions deprecation policy was instituted, releases were
much
> more frequent... Is that enough of an excuse?

I'd rather say that we can here decide that we are giving a longer grace
period.

I think that slow deprecations are a good things (see titus's blog post
here: http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/2017-pof-software-archivability.html )

> On 12 January 2017 at 03:43, Andreas Mueller <t3k...@gmail.com> wrote:

>     On 01/09/2017 10:15 AM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:

>             instead of setting up a roadmap I would rather just identify
bugs
>             that
>             are blockers and fix only those and don't wait for any feature
>             before
>             cutting 0.19.X.

>     I agree with the sentiment, but this would mess with our deprecation
cycle.
>     If we release now, and then release again soonish, that means people
have
>     less calendar time
>     to react to deprecations.

>     We could either accept this or change all deprecations and bump the
removal
>     by a version?

    Gael Varoquaux
    Researcher, INRIA Parietal
    NeuroSpin/CEA Saclay , Bat 145, 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette France
    Phone:  ++ 33-1-69-08-79-68
    http://gael-varoquaux.info            http://twitter.com/GaelVaroquaux