>> the annual Christian Aid secondhand booksale in Edinburgh
> Can someone let me know when this is? It sounds like a worthwhile
> booksale to go to, and I'd like to rummage if I knew when it was.

Early in May - lasts a full week.  The most interesting stuff I got
this year was collections of nineteenth-century American music; no
name in any of them, but they must have come from the same source
and I'd like to know who it was.

Did you only just get that message?  If so it must have been held
up somewhere for a record time.  Pity email messages don't get grubby
marks like paper envelopes do - I've heard of one envelope that took
a year to get through the New Zealand post office and arrived with a
scoresheet for a card game written on the back.  My message could have
been quarantined by MI5 on suspicion of being in an al-Qaeda code and
you'd never know.