Philip Whittaker wrote:

There is sign outside the shop advertising this new section; Pet Sounds.

I think that is just perfect! Am I showing my age or what?

Just in case this might appear a hoax, David Kilpatrick will confirm this.

Indeed, it is true, and had I not mentioned my own possible intention to open a music shop in Kelso
Pete would probably never have said he rather fancied doing so. As a result of that, I said 'do it, and you have some of my instruments on SOR' and so did Brian Martin in Berwick - who has been seeding music shops all over the region very successfully.

Result is that All Pets now does quite well with Pet Sounds and - I kid you not - has sold two Xaphoons... TWO of those buggers sold in one small town - I couldn't even manage to demonstrate one at Sandy Bell's this afternoon. Two notes and the cry was raised to get the thing off me. Lucky I didn't get out a fiddle...

David