THERE ARE A LOT OF HIP HOP BANDS OUT THERE:  THAT ARE VERY POLITICAL... AND
NOT TALKING  ABOUT RAPE-ING BITCHES, AND POPPIN' CAPS IN PEOPLE'S ASSES....
ECT.    LIKE "the coup" FROM OUT HERE (OAKLAND) OR "black star" OR "the
roots" ....       I GUESS THOSE ARE PRETTY UNDERGROUND.... COMPARED TO WHAT
YOU MAY SEE OF HIP HOP (I.E.  WHATS ON/OR HAS BEEN ON MTV)
ANYWAY, YOU SHOULD CHECK THOSE GROUPS OUT I MENTIONED IF YOU WANT TO HEAR
POLITICAL HIP HOP...  DAMN GOOD LYRICS.    =)       xJESSICAx

<< this is my first post, other than my hello thing.  well, anyway, i have to
 disagree with one of the things said.  i am not a huge fan of rap.hip-hop,
 but some of it does have some good thoughts and ideas.  for one example,
look
 at arrested development.  i dont know much about them at all, but i remember
 hearing some of their stuff in a friends car.  i remember one song
 specifically where they are talking about political prisoners and the
 such...i dont know.  oh well.  sorry for being off topic.  byebye.

 .gregory.* >>