Re: pkg_upgrade seems to try server that isn't right

2011-11-15 Thread Allen
On 10/10/2011 2:13 PM, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote: On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 09:33:41 +0100 Mike Clarkejmc-freeb...@milibyte.co.uk wrote: On Sunday 09 October 2011, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote: I assume you mean pkg_upgrade (not upgrade_pkg)? See the ENVIRONMENT section of the man page. All of the

Re: pkg_upgrade seems to try server that isn't right

2011-10-09 Thread Mike Clarke
On Sunday 09 October 2011, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote: I assume you mean pkg_upgrade (not upgrade_pkg)? See the ENVIRONMENT section of the man page.  All of the pkg_* tools are consistent in how they reference these variables. There isn't a pkg_upgrade in the base system and I'm not aware of

Re: pkg_upgrade seems to try server that isn't right

2011-10-08 Thread Conrad J. Sabatier
On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 04:35:11 -0400 Allen unix.hac...@comcast.net wrote: [snip] I noticed a little while ago I had upgrade_pkg and since I have 0 Ports (I don't need to squeeze out extra performance, I'm not running a Server, so I only compile when I have to, and I like Binaries more so I

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-31 Thread Joe
Kris Kennaway wrote: On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 08:12:25PM -0400, Joe wrote: The .ko files have a Nov 3 2005 date, whereas the files in /boot including the kernel directory have a May 6 2006 date. I take it that Nov 3 means 6.0-RELEASE since the announcement was done on Nov 4. So, I guess I'm

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-31 Thread Joe
Kris Kennaway wrote: On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 08:12:25PM -0400, Joe wrote: The .ko files have a Nov 3 2005 date, whereas the files in /boot including the kernel directory have a May 6 2006 date. I take it that Nov 3 means 6.0-RELEASE since the announcement was done on Nov 4. So, I guess I'm

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-31 Thread Kris Kennaway
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 07:51:38AM -0400, Joe wrote: Kris Kennaway wrote: On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 08:12:25PM -0400, Joe wrote: The .ko files have a Nov 3 2005 date, whereas the files in /boot including the kernel directory have a May 6 2006 date. I take it that Nov 3 means 6.0-RELEASE

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-31 Thread Joe
Kris Kennaway wrote: Anyway, retry the binary upgrade as you say. The binary upgrade started from the 6.0-RELEASE CD-ROM didn't work, but using 6.1-RELEASE floppies was successful. I peaked at the debug screen and saw how it gets done: The GENERIC .ko's get put into a separate directory,

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-31 Thread Kris Kennaway
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:05:28PM -0400, Joe wrote: Kris Kennaway wrote: Anyway, retry the binary upgrade as you say. The binary upgrade started from the 6.0-RELEASE CD-ROM didn't work Wait, you were trying to update to 6.1-RELEASE using the 6.0-RELEASE CD-ROM? :) Kris pgpiCq50hC5hV.pgp

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-31 Thread Joe
Kris Kennaway wrote: On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:05:28PM -0400, Joe wrote: Kris Kennaway wrote: Anyway, retry the binary upgrade as you say. The binary upgrade started from the 6.0-RELEASE CD-ROM didn't work Wait, you were trying to update to 6.1-RELEASE using the 6.0-RELEASE CD-ROM? :)

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-31 Thread Kris Kennaway
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:23:46PM -0400, Joe wrote: Kris Kennaway wrote: On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:05:28PM -0400, Joe wrote: Kris Kennaway wrote: Anyway, retry the binary upgrade as you say. The binary upgrade started from the 6.0-RELEASE CD-ROM didn't work Wait, you were trying to

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-30 Thread Joe
Kris Kennaway wrote: On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 07:42:43PM -0400, Joe wrote: Hi, I've read the documentation and it seems there's no pkg_upgrade or pkg_update, or a way to install an updated/upgraded package. I'd like to determine if that is indeed the case. portupgrade -P or -PP OK, since

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-30 Thread Kris Kennaway
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 04:51:51PM -0400, Joe wrote: Kris Kennaway wrote: On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 07:42:43PM -0400, Joe wrote: Hi, I've read the documentation and it seems there's no pkg_upgrade or pkg_update, or a way to install an updated/upgraded package. I'd like to determine if

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-30 Thread Joe
Kris Kennaway wrote: On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 04:51:51PM -0400, Joe wrote: [...] It failed to update expat however, because it kept looking in the 6.0-RELEASE paths. I presume this is because even though the binary upgrade of the base to 6.1 went well, uname, etc., think I still have a 6.0

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-30 Thread Kris Kennaway
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 06:14:32PM -0400, Joe wrote: Kris Kennaway wrote: On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 04:51:51PM -0400, Joe wrote: [...] It failed to update expat however, because it kept looking in the 6.0-RELEASE paths. I presume this is because even though the binary upgrade of the base

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-30 Thread Joe
Kris Kennaway wrote: On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 06:14:32PM -0400, Joe wrote: I don't have access to the system right now, but after the sysinstall I looked at some of the files in /bin and saw that most had a date of May 6, 2006 (or thereabouts) so I assumed that meant the binary upgrade had

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-30 Thread Kris Kennaway
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 08:12:25PM -0400, Joe wrote: Kris Kennaway wrote: On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 06:14:32PM -0400, Joe wrote: I don't have access to the system right now, but after the sysinstall I looked at some of the files in /bin and saw that most had a date of May 6, 2006 (or

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-29 Thread Benjamin Lutz
On Tuesday 30 May 2006 01:42, Joe wrote: Hi, I've read the documentation and it seems there's no pkg_upgrade or pkg_update, or a way to install an updated/upgraded package. I'd like to determine if that is indeed the case. [...] The documentation mentions portupgrade and portmanager as

Re: pkg_upgrade?

2006-05-29 Thread Kris Kennaway
On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 07:42:43PM -0400, Joe wrote: Hi, I've read the documentation and it seems there's no pkg_upgrade or pkg_update, or a way to install an updated/upgraded package. I'd like to determine if that is indeed the case. portupgrade -P or -PP Kris pgpGNkBQGy4Ip.pgp

Re: pkg_upgrade ?

2004-09-24 Thread Mike Meyer
In [EMAIL PROTECTED], David Bear [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed: I do have cvsup installed, and can run cvsup to update my ports collection. My question is if I already have a package installed, running cvsup, the make install again for a preexisting port will mess up the pkg-data base right?

Re: pkg_upgrade ?

2004-09-24 Thread Matthew Smith
On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 12:56, Mike Meyer wrote: In [EMAIL PROTECTED], David Bear [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed: I do have cvsup installed, and can run cvsup to update my ports collection. My question is if I already have a package installed, running cvsup, the make install again for a preexisting

Re: pkg_upgrade ?

2004-09-24 Thread Mike Meyer
In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Matthew Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed: Of course, this method does not work if there are any packages/ports depending on the port you are upggrading. The pkg_deinstall will fail because of the dependencies. I believe a pkg_deinstall -f will forcibly remove the package

Re: pkg_upgrade ?

2004-09-24 Thread CARTER Anthony
Nope. pkgdb -F fixes the package database and removes old entries... Anthony On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 17:55, David Bear wrote: I've been searching the handbook and can't seem to find what I'm looking for regarding upgrading a port. I know there is portupgrade... which I'd like to avoid

Re: pkg_upgrade ?

2003-03-18 Thread CARTER Anthony
Nope. pkgdb -F fixes the package database and removes old entries... Anthony On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 17:55, David Bear wrote: I've been searching the handbook and can't seem to find what I'm looking for regarding upgrading a port. I know there is portupgrade... which I'd like to avoid

Re: pkg_upgrade ?

2003-03-18 Thread Mike Meyer
In [EMAIL PROTECTED], David Bear [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed: I do have cvsup installed, and can run cvsup to update my ports collection. My question is if I already have a package installed, running cvsup, the make install again for a preexisting port will mess up the pkg-data base right?

Re: pkg_upgrade ?

2003-03-18 Thread Matthew Smith
On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 12:56, Mike Meyer wrote: In [EMAIL PROTECTED], David Bear [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed: I do have cvsup installed, and can run cvsup to update my ports collection. My question is if I already have a package installed, running cvsup, the make install again for a preexisting

Re: pkg_upgrade ?

2003-03-18 Thread Mike Meyer
In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Matthew Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed: Of course, this method does not work if there are any packages/ports depending on the port you are upggrading. The pkg_deinstall will fail because of the dependencies. I believe a pkg_deinstall -f will forcibly remove the package