Re: [RBW] FS: Canti-Saluki 62cm

2019-08-15 Thread Justin Schoop
I typically ride with a saddle height of 82-83. On Thu, Aug 15, 2019, 10:06 AM stoker wrote: > Saddle height in pics? Nice bike... > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the > Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. > To unsubscribe from this topic, visit >

Re: [RBW] Re: Shifting issues on 1st Gen Clementine

2019-08-15 Thread Garth
I noted in the photos of your bike the chain appears in the smallest rear cogs and small ring and the chain doesn't have much tension. It could possibly have a few too many links, and/or RD isn't up to the task. This is all greek to you of course. It reminds me of how 2 people can speak the

[RBW] OT: Article about the gift of a red bike

2019-08-15 Thread WETH
I hope this isn’t too off topic. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2019/08/14/he-gave-her-bike-when-she-was-refugee-decades-later-internet-helped-her-find-him/ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from

[RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread 'jeffrey kane' via RBW Owners Bunch
Is that $250.00 the firm moving forward price, I wonder? >From my perspective the addition of a traditional tombstone would make this rack way more versatile -- but that's my running complaint about a lot of platform racks on the market today. I get the need for a back stop when attaching a

[RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread Wally Estrella
Leah, I thought the same. It's just a much nicer looking 24 pack rack and the price to reflect that difference. I'll stick w/ my Surly 8 Pack rack and the TV Tray for those wide loads. CHEERS! Wally On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 12:40:45 AM UTC-4, Bicycle Belle Ding Ding! wrote: > >

[RBW] FS: Canti-Saluki 62cm

2019-08-15 Thread stoker
Saddle height in pics? Nice bike... -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion

[RBW] Re: Pitted German mirror and possible WTB the mirror

2019-08-15 Thread Tom Wyland
I have two that are in similar shape. I always thought they were just silver stickers over plastic? Maybe I'm wrong. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an

[RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread Bill Lindsay
I think you answered your own question. The Basket Rack is purpose built for a Wald 139 basket. If that's your use case, it seems to me that's a really nice rack to consider buying. If your use case requires a versatile swiss-army knife rack, then there may be better choices. Having more

Re: [RBW] FS: Canti-Saluki 62cm

2019-08-15 Thread Karl
Can we put this in the dryer and shrink it a little? I would love this bike for my 84PBH!! All the cry emojis. Karl Saluki-less Nashville, TN On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 9:07:32 AM UTC-5, Justin Schoop wrote: > > I typically ride with a saddle height of 82-83. > > On Thu, Aug 15, 2019,

[RBW] OT: Article about the gift of a red bike

2019-08-15 Thread Bicycle Belle Ding Ding!
Completely darling. Such heart-warmer. Thanks for passing it along ❤️ -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread Todd Porter
Anyone have any experience with this rack and/or basket? https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/blb-rack-basket-combo -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email

Re: [RBW] Re: Shifting issues on 1st Gen Clementine

2019-08-15 Thread Leah Peterson
You’re making sense to me with your fancy mechanic words, Garth!  I see that too, now that you say it. I ordered the new shifters and will have the mechanics look at the chain when I take the bike for shifter install. The story gets stranger. I’ve ridden the bike to school the last 2 days, so

[RBW] Re: FS: Nitto Racks and Sackville Bags

2019-08-15 Thread CMR
Sold,thanks all! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit

Re: [RBW] Re: Shifting issues on 1st Gen Clementine

2019-08-15 Thread Joe Bernard
Leah, my guess is you got used to the way the front shifts compared to the quite different arrangement on Betz. I know from experience that those Silver cranks move the granny tighter to the frame than Sugino, so the shift over to it is going to be lazier. It's also going to be weak if you

Re: [RBW] FS: Canti-Saluki 62cm

2019-08-15 Thread Jason Braaten
OMG, this should go quick. I already have a 62cm Saluki and still tempted. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

Re: [RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread Bill Lindsay
You get to expect whatever you want to expect, Joe. What Nitto-recommended load rating do you want out of this rack? On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 3:48:44 PM UTC-7, Joe Bernard wrote: > > Ok, call me crazy (YOU'RE CRAZY, JOE!), but after all the months of > prototyping and now it's an actual

Re: [RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread Leah Peterson
Well, regardless, I do really want to hear from folks who bought and are using the new basket racks. And I would love to see photos of their bikes with the rack. Maybe they’ll change my mind and I’ll buy the basket rack. I just would like to know that rack is a big improvement to what I’ve got.

Re: [RBW] FS: Canti-Saluki 62cm

2019-08-15 Thread Justin Schoop
What Saluki do you own? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web

[RBW] FS 68cm Atlantis FFHS $1700

2019-08-15 Thread 'Abcyclehank' via RBW Owners Bunch
Bike sold. Thanks for all the interest. Several more 65cm+ Rivendells will be posted in the next few days or into early next week. Sincerely, Ryan Hankinson West Michigan -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe

Re: [RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread Joe Bernard
Ok, call me crazy (YOU'RE CRAZY, JOE!), but after all the months of prototyping and now it's an actual product on a website, shouldn't Nitto have a recommended weight limit by now? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To

[RBW] Re: Drive compatibility question.

2019-08-15 Thread 'Tim' via RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Joe. Sorry to interrupt but I'm looking for some 10 speed Shimano brifters and would be interested in your Ultegra if Hugh isn't needing them. The right side shifter on my Roadeo just bit the dust last week. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW

[RBW] WTB Sackville Sticksack

2019-08-15 Thread Wally Estrella
Gotta nice shape Sackville Sticksack you are looking to sack? Let me know. Hit me offline via email. CHEERS! Wally 'in the Sticks of Maine without a sack' -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group

Re: [RBW] Re: Drive compatibility question.

2019-08-15 Thread Hugh Smitham
Hi fellas, Been occupied lately. Tim I haven't reached out to Joe about a purchase so if you are in need of them I will back out so you can get your bike rolling again. Best Regards, Hugh On Thu, Aug 15, 2019, 12:05 PM 'Tim' via RBW Owners Bunch < rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote: >

[RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread Drw
I feel like we saw a prototype of these legs on a marks rack top. I’d be interested to hear if the top platform is interchangeable. If, so it’d be cool if they sold them separately, so people could retrofit their older racks. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the

[RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread CMR
I'm fine with the $250 price tag, especially considering the other Nitto racks sell for $175-$220 on the site. Beautiful and thoughtful bends, light mounts, adjustability, matching finish, fillet brazed, Nitto quality. This a Rivendell design, you pay for that too. -- You received this

Re: [RBW] OT: Article about the gift of a red bike

2019-08-15 Thread esoterica etc
Awesome article, thanks for sharing. It sent tingles down my back to read of how a seemingly insignificant act of kindness years ago continued to have such an impact on her throughout her childhood and into her adulthood. That the object was a bike makes the story even cooler. Let’s all

Re: [RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread Joe Bernard
I don't have a want for the rack, I'm not much for front loads and not likely to buy it. I just think it's weird Nitto is selling a rack and never bothered to tell anyone what its load limits are. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch"

[RBW] WTB Rosco Bubbe step through

2019-08-15 Thread Erik Wright
Hey all, I'm not talking about the jumbo/huge. Does anybody have one of these that's not seeing much mileage that they're looking to move on? I've missed a couple opportunities in the past year where they've popped up here and got cold feet. There's another Bubbe frame hanging up at RBW HQ

Re: [RBW] FS: Canti-Saluki 62cm

2019-08-15 Thread Jason Braaten
[URL=http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/vonruden1/media/F63056E3-60DE-47E1-A72C-96EEE8FABF5D_zps4a2ih2d1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj533/vonruden1/F63056E3-60DE-47E1-A72C-96EEE8FABF5D_zps4a2ih2d1.jpg[/IMG][/URL] -- You received this message because you are subscribed to

Re: [RBW] FS: Canti-Saluki 62cm

2019-08-15 Thread Jason Braaten
http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/vonruden1/media/F63056E3-60DE-47E1-A72C-96EEE8FABF5D_zps4a2ih2d1.jpg.html; target="_blank">http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj533/vonruden1/F63056E3-60DE-47E1-A72C-96EEE8FABF5D_zps4a2ih2d1.jpg; border="0" alt=" photo

[RBW] Speaking of carrying your camera while on your bike...

2019-08-15 Thread David Bivins
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1MKiNrHQhj/ I just ordered more than one. A camera strap for bike-riders with some extra influence (fabric) from Riv. Available on the site right now. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To

[RBW] Recommend a film camera

2019-08-15 Thread Benz, Sunnyvale, CA
You can consider an aperture-priority film camera. Perhaps something lightweight like a Nikon FE2, so you can leverage a plethora of good F-mount lenses and accessories. A FE2 with a 45mm f/2.8 “pancake” lens will be light and compact, and easy to carry around when biking. A little more

Re: [RBW] Recommend a film camera

2019-08-15 Thread David Bivins
Between a full manual and full automatic is stuff like autofocus and aperture-priority. You could get a Minolta setup with aperture priority pretty cheap - XD11 or X570, plus whatever lenses you were interested in. They're built like tanks and have a world of lenses available to them. I think the

Re: [RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread Bill Lindsay
Joe thinks it’s weird that Rivendell sold at least one rack prior to Nitto giving them a load limit recommendation. I feel pretty good about Roman’s 20 Pound swag at it. BL in EC -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To

Re: [RBW] Re: Rivendell Nitto Basket Rack

2019-08-15 Thread Joe Bernard
No, I think it's weird that Nitto didn't provide Rivendell with the spec. Which I clearly stated. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RBW Owners Bunch" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to

[RBW] Recommend a film camera

2019-08-15 Thread Drw
I think this is on topic. I’ve been semi inspired by all the camera content, but moreso, after having a kid, I’m becoming more interested In having hard copy documentation of things (I have a printer. I never print anything), for him to have when he gets older. I know my way around the