On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 11:19:06AM +0100, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 03/10/2018 21:49, Nico Williams wrote:
> >:
> >A lot of these changes are interrelated.  Reviewing them in order of
> >size might require rebasing our stack of commits, and may not be
> >entirely possible.
> >
> >We're extremely familiar with this code as we have been patching the
> >JGSS stack this way for years (we have developed these patches for JDKs
> >7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and the current 12 master), and we have been running
> >this in production (with JDKs 7, 8, and 9, and soon 11)
> Just a few high-level points on the patches that you attached:
>
> 1. It's important to take sponsor/Reviewer effort into account. I
> skimmed through some of the 25 patches and they lack a detailed
> description on what the issue is about. JGSS gurus might recognize
> some of these issues from the diffs but I suspect you (or Victor)
> will need to match the patches to existing issues in JIRA or else
> get bugs submitted so that there is a description for each issue in
> the bug database.

We've pointed out that we need bugs filed.  We'll work with Weijun to
get them filed when he's back from vacation.

> 2. I skimmed the patches and didn't see any tests or changes to
> existing tests. This may come up in the discussion of each change as
> the default position is for all bug fixes should have tests where
> feasible.

That's an existing problem in the codebase.  The tests are very limited
as it is, and testing GSS/Kerberos requires mocking up a KDC, which
requires more complex test infrastructure.

> 3. I see the patches include at least some API changes so the
> sponsor will need to submit a CSR for approval. API changes are only
> allowed in feature releases.

That's fine.

Nico