On 12/10/2018 09:12, Baesken, Matthias wrote:

Ping …  any reviews / comments ?

Should I add  a category  , for example    “ioExceptionsWithPath”     to the java.security – file  to control  the enabling/disabling of the  enhanced exception ?

  java.security

#

# Enhanced exception message information

…

#jdk.includeInExceptions=hostInfo,jar,ioExceptionsWithPath

There are several issues with this proposal. The security concern is the main one and I think we should wait for comment from security-dev. The second concern is that the patch is incomplete and inconsistent in that it changes the exception throw by two methods, it ignores other file I/O methods that throw exceptions. Finally there is the concerns with the patch itself that both Roger and I commented on.

-Alan