On Thu, 21 Apr 2022 14:11:08 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I ran `codespell` on modules owned by the security team (`java.security.jgss
>> java.security.sasl java.smartcardio java.xml.crypto jdk.crypto.cryptoki
>> jdk.crypto.ec jdk.crypto.mscapi jdk.security.auth jdk.security.jgss`), and
>> accepted those changes where it indeed discovered real typos.
>>
>> I will update copyright years using a script before pushing (otherwise like
>> every second change would be a copyright update, making reviewing much
>> harder).
>>
>> The long term goal here is to make tooling support for running `codespell`.
>> The trouble with automating this is of course all false positives. But
>> before even trying to solve that issue, all true positives must be fixed.
>> Hence this PR.
>
> The folks on security-dev will know for sure but I assume that the changes to
> the imported Apache Santuario code should be dropped as it will make upgrades
> more complicated.

@AlanBateman So there is even more 3rd party code in there? :-( I tried to
ignore fixes for all files that I could identify as 3rd party. It's actually a
bit annoying that we have imported source code thrown around like this in the
source tree, so there is no clear boundary between code we own and code we
import from someone else...