On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 03:23:06PM -0400, Karl MacMillan wrote:

> > On May 7, 2017, at 5:39 AM, Dominick Grift <dac.overr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [snip]

> I updated python_requirements.txt to include sh - thanks for that.
>
> >> The idea is nice, unfortunately its inflexible and it has hard-references
> >> to reference policy all-over. It has potential but it is still rough.
> >

> > Turns out that Fedora provides all the dependencies (some just have
> > different names)
> >
> > I have created a Fedora SPAN.spec:
> >
> > https://github.com/DefenSec/selinux-rpm-spec/blob/master/SPAN.spec
> > <https://github.com/DefenSec/selinux-rpm-spec/blob/master/SPAN.spec>
> >

> Thanks for making the Fedora SPEC.
>
> I know it’s a topic of great debate, but there are some nice things about
> just sticking with the Python tools for dependency management for upstream.
> Mainly because it’s portable and helps get the latest versions (which is nice
> for fast moving projects like Jupyter notebook and Pandas).

Yes it is pretty cool (pip) and this event actually prompted me to make pip
work in my environment. However for me in this case it is really not an option.
Its nice for simple python modules but python programs such as notebook need
permissions that i do not associate will login users shells, and i dont support
confining applications installed to $HOME. notebook needs permissions like
execmem, needs network connectivity and a few other things that i do not allow
my user login shells. So I have to make this work system-wide and I wanted the
benefit of being able to manage/keep track off what i install system-wide