On Sun, May 07, 2017 at 03:42:50PM -0400, Joshua Brindle wrote:
> Dominick Grift wrote:
> > On Sun, May 07, 2017 at 11:22:00AM -0400, Joshua Brindle wrote:the
> > > Dominick Grift wrote:
> > > <snip>

> > > Of course, it is an analysis of a refpolicy-based policy. If you want to
> > > analyze a different policy (e.g., Android or home-rolled) you will have to
> > > change out all of the type sets, etc.
> > >
> > > You can't make a magic generic analysis script without knowing how key
> > > parts
> > > of the system work and what types are associated with those components.
> >
> > What do you mean? that for example that hard-coded array of "trusted"
> > types. Is that not just redundant.
> >

> you mean the example trusted types? I'm not sure I understand your concern.
>
> > Can't i just create that array myself and use it to exlude rules with types
> > in that array? That was one does not have to hard-code it.
> >

> It is python, you can do anything you want. The example notebook is a
> starting point, anyone doing an analysis would probably make major changes
> for their analysis, which is the point. You modify the notebook to build a
> usable analysis between the starting policy and the policy you are
> analyzing.
>
> I've thought about trying this on an Android policy but haven't made it a
> priority.
>
> > Also with regard to hardcoding the refpolicy file system
> > (ps.load_policy_source). I mean if youre just going to `grep -r` then why
> > do we have to assume anything there and hard code file suffixed, directory
> > structures etc etc?

ahh.. sorry. I just noticed that it can be overriden:

p, ps, bp, bps = se.load_policies_from_config("policy_paths.config")

so i suppose i should be able to add that file to the notebook dir and specify
my own paths.

although that still doesnt deal with any file suffixes? (.cil)

--
Key fingerprint = 5F4D 3CDB D3F8 3652 FBD8  02D5 3B6C 5F1D 2C7B 6B02
https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3B6C5F1D2C7B6B02