After much trial and error to get on top of the Sepsis core measure, our
institution would like to institute a "code sepsis" that alerts housewide
providers of a potentially septic patient. I have been tasked to find out how
other institutions have accomplished this who do not have an alert in their
EMR. Would anyone be willing to share a policy, protocol or description of
their code sepsis procedure at their institution?
Also, do you have a dedicated sepsis coordinator? If so, who do they report to
and how do they function in that role? I'd love that job description as well.
Thanks in advance.

Anne Carter MS, ACNS-BC, CEN
Coordinator
Outcomes Management
Riverview Medical Center
732-450-2735
acar...@meridianhealth.com<mailto:acar...@meridianhealth.com>

"This document and the information attached is Patient Safety Work Product & as
such, is privileged and confidential pursuant to the N.J. Patient Safety Act
and the Federal Patient Safety & Quality Improvement Act of 2005 and should not
be further disclosed except as permitted by law."