Hi Benoit,

This topic has been discussed for years, I'm happy you finally draw a plan for
it.

To me, the aim for Postgres is small to middle size deployment with minimal
dependencies.

In that regard, having an implementation that spans across all infrastructure
needs is a must have.

So my take would be let's implement everything with PG: blob storage, search,
messaging and various data storage like Event Sourcing and plain data.

For a user, it will always be possible to plug another piece of infrastructure
if need be (like having better search or store more blobs, etc).

The only nice-to-have to me would be the multi-tenant goal as you can always
spawn another James instance by domain (and you can use the same PG if you want
by using several databases).

To answer the last questions: I would definitely be interested in using this
implementation (I use JPA for now). I could marginally contribute to it as I
have experience with PG but my time is very limited (unless someone wants to
sponsor my work, of course). I can donate some code related to Event Sourcing
has I have an implementation of an Event Store on top of PG and some code
around messaging. Let me know if you are interested in that contributation.

In term of strategy, I think that would help James gain popularity among
hobbyist and small businesses, so I think it worth trying.

Cheers,

-- Matthieu Baechler