On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 14:24:01 GMT, Thomas Stuefe <stu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> We need to change the wx state of the current pthread in order to be able to
> execute stub routines. Otherwise, we would crash right away when trying to
> execute the SafeFetch stub.

Oh I see - that is unfortunate. I don't like messing with other people's
threads.

> May I ask how that would affect the code that uses the methods (includes,
> ...)?

@parttimenerd there would be no change - they continue to include os.hpp, which
will include the os/cpu specific header files.

> We could have generic wrappers like: ...

@tstuefe  I think this is going a little too far in this fix. I'm looking for
simplicity. All the WX related code should be buried in the os/cpu file for
BSD/Aarch64 and the callsites all using MACOS_AARCH64_ONLY.

Splitting BSD from macOS would also be a future RFE.

Thanks.