Another thing I had seen in the past were burnt exhaust valves.

Remember that 0 compression isn't usually a rocker off, it requires something
to be open, valve, seat dropped, big hole in the middle of the piston, etc.

I would do a leak down test and see where you pressure is going.

Cliff Ramsdell

Sent from my iPhone