Mekabe Ramein wrote:
I've rebooted; and yes it is solved.
Thanks for all the help.

Now I just have one issue.
I want to change the destination of the logs to another file(if I activate
any logs). I don't want to use the syslog and kern.log files.

In fact, I have the following line in my shorewall.conf file, but this file
is never created.
How can I activate this ?

From "man shorewall.conf":

LOGFILE=[pathname]
        This parameter tells the /sbin/shorewall program where to look for
        Shorewall messages when processing the dump, logwatch, show log, and
        hits commands.

Notice that it does NOT say that LOGFILE directs where the log goes.

I've read the logging documentation that you've sent but I am not sure how
to proceed ?
Now, my system has klogd and syslogd. Do I have to install ulog for
redirecting the log output to another file ?

Either that (and use ULOG in your shorewall configuration files) or install syslog-ng.

One more time -- it is the kernel that creates the log messages, not Shorewall. Shorewall can direct the kernel to log through syslog (syslog-ng) or through ulogd; those are the only two choices. Where the messages are written to is determined by syslog (syslog-ng) or ulogd -- NOT Shorewall.

Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]