Hi,

I read the shorewall man page regarding the "reload" and "restart" commands.
From a practical point of view and with default shorewall.conf settings in 5.1,
if I change/add/delete entries in the "rules" file, and issue the "reload"
command then I should expect the following:

- existing connections will not be affected
- the "new rules" will be processed and applied

Same thing should happen when changing entries in snat, mangle, routes,
rtrules. The params file should also be re-read.

Correct?

So, with shorewall >=5.0.15, when would it be useful to issue the "restart"
command? The only scenario I can think of is if I wanted to interrupt active
connections (or at least preserve only those in "stoppedrules").

Regards,

Vieri