Dear, Dexi!

You can vary residual strain by MD.MaxStressTol.
Use CG, relax with MD.VariableCell False first, then input coordinates
obtained to a new file with MD.VariableCell True.
Note you may need to shift some atoms manually before geometry
optimization: if all atoms are in 2D plane, then all of them will remain in
plane after geom. optim. because z forces are zero, so you need to shift
any atom to unlock z forces and avoid such a false state.

--
Best wishes,
Maxim Arsent'ev, D.Sc.(Chemistry)

Responder a