Hi Andrew,

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 5:10 PM Owen DeLong <o...@delong.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks like IETF wants the global BOGONs to be attested by IANA rather
>> than by an RIR from what you quoted.
>>

> Yes, for resources not allocated by IANA or marked as Reserved But IANA
> has nothing to do with resources allocated to RIRs already.
>

>> Any reason APNIC feels the need to usurp that process?
>>

> Accordingly to IANA 103/8 was allocated to APNIC and now they don't have
> unallocated IPv4 address space.
> 103/8 APNIC 2011-02 whois.apnic.net https://rdap.apnic.net/ ALLOCATED
> The policy is addressing the unallocated address space within APNIC
>

> If this policy is only speaking to /8 IPv4 blocks & IPv6 blocks which are
> administered by APNIC, it should be noted that because of inter-RIR
> transfers of IPv4 addresses between regions RIRs other than APNIC are now
> administering sub-portions of the larger IANA allocated blocks.  There are
> portions of a /8 for example which are now delegated to other RIRs for
> registrations in those regions.   Should it be assumed that those
> sub-portions administered by RIRs now are considered allocated (and not
> bogons) for purposes of this policy?

The policy is for unallocated address space (v4 and v6) under APNIC bucket.
If the resources has been transferred to other RIRs means they are not
unallocated anymore. If a /8 has been chopped by IANA and allocated to
multiple RIRs e.g. 202/8 then APNIC will create AS0 ROAs for only those
unallocated address space under APNIC's management. Any address space which
is not under APNIC's resource bucket is not covered by this policy. I hope
that answers your question.