From: Kevin Baum [kevin.b...@agriwebb.com]
To: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
[silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com]
Subject: Re: [SiliconBeach] Startup equity split

Hi Luke,

Co-Founder of a 4 year old SaaS company here.

Having had multiple experiences with Equity that led to conflict I would
recommend the following:

 *   Always split equity evenly between founders (unless one is bringing
defensible IP or $$ to the table. Ideas do not count. It's not about ideas, but
execution). Roles change and become more and less important over time.
Splitting it based on perceived value in the future is impossible to do.
 *   Everyone Vests - Typically 4 yr with a 1 yr cliff. I personally have dealt
with and know several others who have dealt with founders leaving early and
having dead-equity nightmares that decimated funding rounds.
 *   Nobody gets equity granted until they quit their job - people's
circumstances change and you should not grant equity based on a promise. Part
time is 1/10th as effective as full, and sweat equity should not be realised
until someone goes full time.

Happy to chat more about some of my horror stories if you like.

Sincerely,

Kevin Baum

[https://htmlsigs.s3.amazonaws.com/logos/files/000/587/325/landscape/email-sig.png]<http://agriwebb.com/>

Kevin Baum / CEO/Co-founder
Ph: 0449 606 144

AgriWebb
http://agriwebb.com<http://agriwebb.com/>
Level 6, 227 Elizabeth Street, Sydney 2000

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 4:56 PM, Luke Haddrick