Charles Haynes wrote: [ on 10:53 AM 7/13/2007 ]

Not to keep harping on this, but do you consider the LTTE to be Hindus
fighting against Buddhists?

I know you didn't ask me the question, but I certainly don't. I think that the whole Lankan conflict is an ethnic one (with linguistic overtones) and not religious.

I know I see graffiti calling on the CM to
support "eelam an [sic] Hindu nation." They certainly predate the RSS.

It depends. Though the origins of the Lankan conflict are in the 1920s [1], it depends on what yardstick you use. The RSS was founded in 1925 [2], and Hedgewar had been preaching his brand of nonsense even earlier.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_Sri_Lankan_civil_war
[2] http://www.rss.org/New_RSS/History/Evolution.jsp