And I presume the instances of 'if' sprinkled throughout the book are
tributes to Kipling?

please expand.
are you indicating that trying to see significance in the actual source of a
quoted text is a meaningless exercise? as meaningless as reading the usage
of "if" as a homage to Kipling?
one could possibly dwell on Eco and Heller, but in the specific context of
section 63, it wouldn't have mattered much if the quote was not attributed.
The content of the quote - thinking about signs and the way they 'point' to
meaning - is quite relevant to the discussion that happens in the section.

On 7/22/07, Thaths <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/21/07, Abhishek Hazra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> also,
> section 63 starts with a quote from Heller's Catch 22

And I presume the instances of 'if' sprinkled throughout the book are
tributes to Kipling?

Thats
--
Homer: He has all the money in the world, but there's one thing he can't
buy.

does the frog know it has a latin name?