On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Charles Haynes <charles.hay...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Mostly though (and this is where it starts to sound a little "woo
> woo") I like to practice single-tasking as a form of mindfulness. I
> like to try to do one thing at a time, and do just that one thing
> while I'm doing it.

*thread drift begins*

I am SO glad to read this. I cannot multitask. Oh, yes, I have some food
cooking on the stove as I read this, and an old Tamizh song program is
playing....but that's not the kind of thing I am talking about.... I'm
saying, I generally cannot chat with multiple windows open, or write while
I'm chatting, or on the phone. I often don't make phone calls until I have
the time to talk to the person, and do nothing else at the same time...and I
feel quite inadequate when I see people doing up to seven things at once!
Thank you, Charles, you made my day!

But of course, it's the difference between "won't" and "can't".

Deepa.