> In fact (and I think I may be repeating some of the stuff I have said on silk
> before) - I believe that the organized religions like Christianity and Islam
> were the fisrt attempt at giving large groups of humans a common cause for
> owrking together.

Interesting post, Shiv. This may sound pedantic but it is worth noting that
large groups of people have worked together since the time of the Pyramids.

Formally, Management is a factor of production that can move economic outcomes
closer to the productivity frontier. The economic advantages of creating a
common cause (but really accruing from Management as a factor of production
entailed by the division of labor) were recognized well before organized
religions such as Christianity and Islam came into being.

Anand