> what are *your* easily forgotten phrases?
>
> Empirical
> Tabasco
> Hasselblad
> Dunning Kruger effect
> Dunbar  number
> Ambergris
> Sapir-Whorf
> Fermi Problem

I don’t understand the bottom half at all.  Besides ambergris.

Great idea!

If I look at words I “thozhuvu-fy” for (Tamil word meaning search but really
more than that— connotes grasping or searching in the dark for specs and such).
 It would be stuff like

very specific English words like encomium and confusing ones in the “in-un”
category (ingrate versus ungrateful).
malolactic fermentation and associated chemical stuff
Tavel and other regions.
Sanskrit phrases like “vinaasha kaale viparitha buddhi” very useful during
election time for stunts like the one Amma pulled.
Tamil proverbs that my grandmother used to say.

The Math course sounds great.  I signed up for that Stanford course on
“Mathematical Thinking” by Kevin Devlin but each lecture was like two hours.
Way too long. these guys should learn from TED talks.