On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:49 AM, Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Empirical
> Tabasco
> Hasselblad
> Dunning Kruger effect
> Dunbar  number
> Ambergris
> Sapir-Whorf
> Fermi Problem

Hasselblad? Ambergris? One learns all the time!  And you forget
"Tabasco"? What's the false positive your mind turns to instead?
Sriracha? :)

Mine would have (in addition to the Dunning-Kruger effect, the name of
which I keep forgetting):
Bildungsroman + Festschrift
Der Ring des Nibelungen + Götterdämmerung + Seigfried
Ouroboros
Onomatopoeia + Asafoetida (spellings of both)
Peter Principle + Parkinson's Law
Réné Margritte + George Lemaître + Mercator
George Cantor + Gottlob Frege + David Hilbert + Peano. Also, Neils Abel.

Actually, I forget words and phrases so often that I'd need to carry
around a dict+thesaurus instead of a short wordlist. :)  But it's a
useful idea.  I'll add this word list to my scrap.txt file.