On Sun, 2014-02-23 at 13:21 +0530, gabin kattukaran wrote:
> On 23 February 2014 13:13, SS <cybers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If that is correct, what is the real world significance of the unit km/l
> > which can be broken down to the reciprocal of area - i.e. 1/area
>
> I'm trying to get my head around that as well. I suspect that it is
> only a matter of perspective but standing on my head is not helping
> (as yet.)
>
> -gabin

Take 2

Sometimes units don't make sense (this is what I vaguely recall from
those old school books)

For example:

force = mass x acceleration
acceleration is expressed as meters/sec^2
so,
force = mass x meters/sec^2

So what is force per unit area. If you work that out using the same
mathematical logic used for liters per 100 km you get the following
unit:

kg/meters x sec^2 is  the unit of force per unit area. Totally
meaningless. I don't think this unit has any real world significance.

shiv