On 8 August 2014 09:19, Bruce Metcalf <bruce.metc...@figzu.com> wrote:

> "Hi, I'm Biju C and I'm father to two boys, 7 and 4 respectively. Is
>> there a 12-step programme to restore my sanity after such trauma?"
>>

> Yes; it's called "grandparenthood". There are many opportunities for fun,
> from feeding the grandchildren sugar just before bedtime to giving them
> drums.
>
> It was one of my father's great regrets that I never had children so that
> he could exact his well-deserved revenge for my childhood.
>
> Cheers,
> Bruce

Haha! I'm reminded here of my maternal grandfather, a grumpy man (though he
had a heart of gold) who steadfastly refused to have anything to do with
his grandchildren, especially my cousin and I who would keep getting into
fights. His standard response was not "stop fighting" but "go and fight
THERE (pointing to a location sufficiently far away from him) which, come
to think of it, is how many management problems are solved in industry.

--
Narendra Shenoy
http://narendrashenoy.blogspot.com