I believe water treated with reverse osmosis may be better for you
especially if the local water is suspect or hard and at worst does no harm.
I think any concerns come from the realm of magical thinking. "It's a
process I don't understand and it seems like magic. Maybe it has other
magically bad effects."

Just drink pure rain water and vodka. You'll be right.

-- Charles