There’s an interesting app I used for a while called Be My Eyes. Super
simple idea, both blind and sighted people sign up and when they need it
blind users can video chat with someone to quickly help them with something
that isn’t exactly friendly like identifying a can of food, or reading a
street sign or whatever.

Be My Eyes – Helping the blind by Be My Eyeshttps://
itunes.apple.com/us/app/be-my-eyes-helping-the-blind/id905177575?mt=8

--
Cheerio,

Ashim D’Silva
Design & build