And depends on what you cook.  Meat generally takes a lot more preparation time
as well as cooking time than vegetables do.  Simple dishes that can be cooked
in a single pot take far less time than more complex ones involving thickened
black sauces. [etc]

So anywhere between 45 minutes to 3+ hours depending on what's cooking.

And those 45 minutes are if you multitask.  Eg: Put the pressure cooker on to
boil rice, and start chopping vegetables, heating the tamarind extract + salt +
sambar powder just in time for the cooker to finish + the steam inside to
dissipate enough for you to open it .. when you add the steamed  vegetables and
then the dal that are in the cooker along with the rice.

Then again there are those dishes where you can just set them to cook and go
off, do your own thing for half an hour plus while they gently simmer on the
stove.

On 04/09/18, 10:55 AM, "silklist on behalf of Alok Prasanna Kumar"
<silklist-bounces+suresh=hserus....@lists.hserus.net on behalf of
kautilya...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I work outside home and I usually cook every alternate day or so given that
    I live alone and cook only for myself.

    So I guess I cook about 3-4 hours a week tops (not including re-heating
    leftovers).

    --
    Alok Prasanna Kumar
    Advocate