cf https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/pauling.html
And yet Oregon State's Pauling institute still publishes nonsense like this
https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/health-disease/common-cold

        --srs

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 9:11 PM +0530, "Charles Haynes"
<charles.hay...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was about to say that I'm very much reminded of Linus Pauling, when he
mentioned that he's a disciple of Linus Pauling.

It's quite sad when a respected intellect in one field thinks that makes
them an expert in unrelated fields and then promulgates nonsense like
Pauling did.

-- Charles