I've been around on this list for about five years. First heard about
it on this
piece
<https://factordaily.com/silk-indias-oldest-mailing-list-history-geek-culture/>
by Shrabonti Bagchi. Something about the way it was described appealed to
me, or the Bangalorean-who-was-missing-Bangalore in me. Minutes later, I
emailed Udhay asking if I could join. Two hours later he replied, saying
yes, so long as I intended to participate. I later found a few people on
this list who I knew IRL.

--
*Get your 'vaccine' from 'fake news', lies, half-truths, manipulated
truths, propaganda and general B.S. at my media buddhi newsletter

H R Venkatesh
Director, Training and Research, BOOM <https://www.boomlive.in/>
John S. Knight Journalism Fellow 2019
<https://jsk.stanford.edu/fellows/class-of-2019/h-r-venkatesh/>, Stanford