William Missett wrote:
Hi!

I was just given a secret method for controlling tomato infections. I live in southern Mexico, and tomatos struggle to survive, so I hope this cure works, which it supposedly does in spades:

Get a section of electric wiring with somewhat thick copper wiring, cut off a 2-3 inch section of an individual wire, and insert it through the stem of the tomato plant just above the roots.

This creates a colloidal copper generation, which immunizes the tomato plant against a wide variety of common tomato diseases.

Hope it helps!

That is an interesting idea. Although I doubt it is producing a colloid, it is likely producing copper compounds, which are taken to the leaves and branches. Copper is a very good antifungal substance, so it make sense. I wonder how much copper end up in the fruit. Too much copper can be toxic.

Marshall