Evening MA,

At 08:45 AM 8/29/2008, you wrote:
-- you don't have to use part of the old batch to make a new one.

No one said you did.

 You can if you want to, as it apparently speeds things up.

  Is that hearsay evidence, speculation, or have you tried it ?

But as I understand it, that is not necessarily a good thing because quality is what counts, not quantity.

   It could be both, at times, Depending on the need.

How do you define Quality, and what part of Quality, does the mixing of CS actually effect ?

   And I doubt that you can measure it, with a ppm meter.  <grin>

   I have read that you can make CS in muddy water, blood, and beer.

   That may be hear say evidence, as I have not tried it.

   Wayne