Do you know sol, the more I read and learn about all the interactions of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, etc., the more I feel it is very dicey to supplement in case of upsetting some delicate balance or other. This has been very interesting to me, so thanks for your input. dee

sol wrote:
Actually not so. The reason the children died from overwhelming infections is their bodies had been low iron for a reason, that reason was to avoid fueling the infectious bacteria. Low iron can be a very good thing under the right (wrong?) circumstances. Point being acting to correct one deficiency without knowing the reason for the deficiency can be fatal. Sometimes we have deficiencies for an overriding reason.
sol