So, it is the ionic silver that is effective and the colloidal silver
converts to ionic upon contact with single cell pathogens. But as I
understand it, the issue with ionic silver is that the HCl in the
stomach converts the ionic silver to silver chloride which is insoluble
and the silver chloride molecule is to large to pass through the
intestinal wall into the bloodstream.

Silver Chloride isn't entirely insoluble and it's solubility is [probably] gauged in water, nor does the stomach contain nothing but HCl and the stomach lining is a dynamic thing with some chemical intelligence behind it. A protein is a huge molecule and they somehow get in, in some form or another. In a batch of EIS, each ion has an anion with it, produced along with the ion and it "should" make nothing but silver hydroxide, but somehow they mostly don't find each other even after years of sitting around.
 Apparently there's something about water that protects silver ions.

I think maybe what we don't know is FAR more than we do know and simplifying a hugely complex chain of events isn't going to enlighten. Perhaps we should be thinking about hitch hikers and something akin to ion exchange resins.

" It's dark in here..and I hear laughing...and it ain't me"
It's either the Boogyman or the Tooth Fairy, right?
Is dat YOU Mr Boogyman?
 Yes, said the Tooth Fairy, gnashing her fangs and laughing.

Ode